Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Touring the battlefields

I'm in contact with the Western Front Association to set a date on presenting my story to their London branch. Prior to the speech I will have the chance to tour the WWI battlefields with a few of the WFA members. I'm looking forward to walking in my grandfather's footsteps by reading his journal entries describing  the battle.

As it sits now, this shall take place the first week in June so be ready for several new postings, as well as a possible book.

Last week I was going through an old set of drawers that belonged to my deceased father and found a uniform badge that appeared to be British. I photographed the badge and posted them on 'Great War Form' to help identify it. Within an hour I received an answer, it was one of the sleeve badges from a RAF officer's uniform; no doubt it was from my grandfather's RAF uniform.

No comments: