Friday, November 14, 2014

Royal Field Artillery - the early battles of WWI

Royal Field Artillery - The Early Battles

Captain Fred G. Coxen RFA served in the 40th Battery, which supported the 1st Division of I Coprs. They went to France with the BEF and fought in the early battles of the war - Mons to Second Ypres.

I've written two books based on his journal, which have been received well, but some readers suggested I bring out a book that only contains the journal entries, which is now available on Kindle at Royal Field Artillery - The Early Battles of WWI.

However, I did keep the brief battle descriptions to help readers understand how the journal entries relate to the overall battle. I also included Fred's personal story prior to and after the war.

I hope everyone will enjoy the compelling journal entries as told through the sight of a Howitzer.

More important to me is publishing this book as a remembrance to my grandfather, as well as those who gave their lives for what they believed in and their country.

I wish I could have been in London on Remembrance Day to honor my grandfather and his contribution to the war and history.

Frederick L Coxen

No comments: