Friday, August 30, 2013

The Story

Next Thursday, September 5th I'll be telling the story behind World War 1 - An Unkept Promise to the London branch of the Western Front Association. I'm trying to prepare myself since I've never talked in front of a large audience before.

I once took a public speaking class and they said to use very limited notes and speak from your heart and it will flow better. I hope it is true. My problem is I have Parkinson's and my mind is not the fastest processor in the world. It has also affected my voice so I'm concerned that I'll project so that the audience can hear and understand me.

Many of the selected journal entries will be read by a volunteer so that will help.

Next week will be very interesting and meaningful in so many ways. I'll keep everyone informed of how the events unfold.

World War 1 - An Unkept Promise is available on Kindle

No comments: